January 22, 2006

Being Sick

He takes care of me when I'm sick. Sometimes this is a blessing and sometimes it is a curse. At times when I simply want to roll up in my blanket and sleep, he will appear with the vaseline and thermometer, determined to get the most accurate reading in spite of my reluctance.

But he also makes me feel better. He sits on the edge of the bed and brushes my hair back from my face, and brings me cold juice to sip.

The time when his care becomes problematic for me is when I feel better but he isn't ready to let me return to normal life yet. Although I feel good, he will still insist on checking my temperature for a couple of days afterward. He will still insist on putting me to bed early and limiting my activity.

I have been sick this week, but I am feeling much better now. Now it still remains to convince Daddy to stop chasing me with the thermometer and making me choke down the giant vitamin pills. In spite of his desire to treat me as his little girl, he has never listened to my protests that little girls should not have to swallow horse pills, but rather should be given vitamin bubblegum, or liquid vitamin drops! I can't figure out why he is so insistant on the old vitamins the size of bullets, but I've never been able to change his mind.

I am looking forward to returning to normal life again, and will keep in mind the frequent temperature checks and vitamin-nagging also come with lovely backrubs and my hairbrush being used, this time, for its proper purpose, to brush my hair.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ice_Princess said...

I'm sorry to read you've been sick. I've been sick as well. It's wonderful that he takes care of you when you are sick, when I am sick I have to take care of me and everyone else in my house. I think this is an interesting post, I like the way you redefine words for people. People get so hung up in thinking words mean one thing when they really mean something else.

January 25, 2006  
Blogger macaroon said...

That was hilarious. There are so many ways that vitamins can be taken now...I think he's baiting you. Grin.

You should get the sour vitamin gummies. They're truly exquisite. :D

March 11, 2006  
Blogger Ireland's daughter said...

*shudder*

Please preserve from any other ways vitamins may be taken!

I'm filling out the request forms right now for sour vitamin gummies but I think I'm going to need some unbiased testimony from others. Are you ready to stand up on my behalf? *smiles*

March 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters