February 15, 2006

Valentine's Day

Last night I got into some trouble to crown off our perfect Valentine's Day.

He sent me flowers at work. There's something about flowers at work that is a million times more exciting than flowers at home. I suppose it must be the exhibitionist in me that enjoys the people I work with seeing what a wonderful husband I have.

He made dinner. He really is the best cook ever, and he made all my favourite things.

We had champagne. We don't have champagne very often. It's a lovely treat!

All these things were so sweet and special, and yet there has been something on my mind for a few weeks now. I had agreed, at work, to do some editing for a series of scripts that was recently turned in for proofreading, and after agreeing to do it, I realised it was really more than I could reasonably manage to do.

I wasn't working on it. The playbooks were sitting beside my computer for days and days, unopened. And then, beside the stairs so I would remember to bring them back to work. Like a teenager in high school, I was carrying my homework back and forth, to and from work, but never actually doing it. And it was worrying me. There wasn't time to do it all, and time was passing.

Last night I was feeling tense about the work, and I think I was a bit snappish with Daddy as a result. He can always tell when I'm tense.

After my shower, he was sitting on the bed waiting for me. Uh oh. He asked me to come and talk to him about what was happening. I told him all of it and had to agree with him that I wasn't taking very good care of myself by agreeing to do more work than I was really able to do. He punished me. Not severely.... but firmly. He gave me a spanking, with his hand, on my bare bottom. And then he made me promise that I would talk to my boss today about sharing the editing job with another one of the actors so that it would be so overwhelming.

I did this and now I feel about a million times better to feel like my free time is more my own again, and not drowning in unfinished work. I even got some of it done, now that I feel so much better about it!

Sometimes it's true that a spanking is exactly what I need.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ice_Princess said...

Sounds like you both had a wonderful day. How wonderful that he cares enough about you to make sure that you are taking care of yourself. I am usually just too driven and stress myself out, guess it goes with my anxiety disorder and I am an over achiever so I understand what you mean.

February 16, 2006  
Blogger Ireland's daughter said...

I drive myself too hard, sometimes, too, ice_princess. It's like there's something in me that wants to prove that I'm totally capable and totally independant. It conflicts with my other side completely!

Sounds like maybe you need a spanking too. *grins* Watch out for G; he's merciless.

February 19, 2006  
Blogger Dante Hunter said...

Happy belated Valentine's Day. You're absolutely right, and more guys should take note, roses are only as valuable as the number of people she can show them off to between work and the way home. Hope you're back on task and work is going better post spanking.

--Dante

February 21, 2006  
Blogger Ireland's daughter said...

Thanks Dante, and the same to you. Nice insight on the roses - be careful with the casual encounters; you seem like too good a catch to get away with that for long. ;)

(Oh, Life of Pi, I loved it! Did you?)

February 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters